Monday, March 14, 2016

Dreamer of Dreams






 Let's talk about dreams. Back in the 80's I had a family member who was a Christian, sort of, but before that they had been into new age philosophies. They used to try to tell me about their prophetic dreams, and at the time I blew them off because I thought it was weird, and possibly even demonic. I attended a non-denomination Christian church at the time, and never heard the Pastor ever speak about dreams. Maybe once he mentioned that he had a dream that was from God, but he was the Pastor, not one of the regular sheep of the pasture, so if God was going to speak to someone in a dream, it would probably be him. As years went by, if I heard any preacher mention dreams, it seemed they would have one dream from God in their whole life, and they considered the others to be "Pizza dreams", meaning, their dinner didn't agree with them and gave them weird dreams.



    Well, I began to have an occasional dream that would stand out that I would remember. One night I dreamt of a particular red haired actress, (she didn't mean anything to me, I don't even know what her name was) and the next day I walked into the office at work and there was a magazine on the desk, and that particular actress was on the cover. It got my attention. A year or so later I was asked to go to an intercessor's conference in St. Louis, but had small children at the time, and had never been on an airplane before, so I had no intention of going...until I had a dream that I was on a plane on my way to St. Louis. It was stronger than other dreams, and I remembered the whole thing when I woke up, as opposed to other dreams that I called "mind ramblings" that I forgot as soon as I woke up. I went to that conference. 



    More recently I had a dream about someone that I saw at 5:00 pm. Then a couple days later (this is real now, not a dream) I had a 1:00 appointment that kept getting rescheduled all day long. Finally I was sitting in the waiting room of the office, and at 5:00 the back door opened, and that person from my dream walked out. When this stuff keeps happening, you begin to pay attention.



    Around the year 2000 I was pulling weeds from my garden, and I pulled on a dandelion with a long root that snapped off as I tried to pull it, and I heard the Holy Spirit say to me "You have a deep root of rejection." What? What was that? I had never heard of that before. A couple days later I got into a huge blowout fight with my husband and I asked God "Why does this happen? Why do we fight like this?" That night I had a dream that I was in my childhood home, and my father and my husband were sort of the same person. Then outside my son was laying in the street and had just been hit by a car. I woke up so shaken and rattled by this dream that I couldn't go back to sleep. I turned on Joyce Meyer and she began to talk about The Root of Rejection! It turned out she wrote a book on the subject and I read it. 



    Through a series of events I found out that my parents had gotten married because my mother got pregnant with me. I was an unwanted pregnancy, my parents found themselves trapped in a miserable marriage, and our home was nothing but turmoil. My father was mean and abusive, and I was afraid of him. So after having this dream, God taught me that first of all, I had deep seeded rejection in my soul from the time I was conceived and it affected the way I perceived the whole world around me and all of my relationships. 



    Secondly, he taught me that what I thought was anger toward my husband, was actually fear. If my husband had a bad day and came home and yelled at me, my defense mechanism kicked in, my adrenaline level shot up and I yelled back. Then it would escalate into a full blown war. It was essentially a "fight or flight response". This dream, and that revelation began a three year journey of inner healing. It's a great story, and maybe we'll talk about that more in another blog some day, but for now, I told you that story to demonstrate how God can use dreams to talk to us. 



    On my own I began to look into dreams and how many times the bible actually talks about dreams, the people who had them, and who could interpret them. People like Joseph (As in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat) and Daniel (As in Daniel and the Lion's Den) who not only had dreams but interpreted them. In the story of Christmas, God told Joseph that Mary was pregnant, and in another dream he warned him about Herod. I realized the bible talks about dreams constantly! Most of these people were prophets or "seers". It definitely became clear to me that God definitely talked to people through dreams. 
                                  Here is an article that lists bible dreamers:




   In 2005 I began to visit a church that embraced the prophetic movement, and taught about dreams and dream interpretation. If this had been 10 years earlier, I would have written them off as teaching some kind of weird new-age teachings. But because of the experiences I was already having, I was more open. Through them I heard of a man named John Paul Jackson who was considered a leader in this area. He has since passed away but his ministry is still active and you can get his books and watch his videos. He taught people how to interpret their dreams, broke them down into different categories, and encouraged journaling your dreams. He said if you begin to pay attention to the dreams, and write them down, God will honor that, and you'll begin to dream more. I began to journal my dreams and before I went to sleep at night I would pray "God, talk to me tonight. Show me something you want me to know." And he did. 

            Here is the link to John Paul Jackson's ministry page, Streams Ministries.



    At first a lot of dreams just seemed like those "mind ramblings", but I would write them down anyway. And as I wrote, certain words that I wrote down would suddenly make sense in a new way. Then I would open my bible and begin to read, and things would begin to pop off the page and I would realize that it related to the dream that I just had. Sometimes I would forget my dream altogether until I read my bible and suddenly I would remember the dream. Or something would happen during the day, like I would see a bus, and suddenly I would remember I had a dream about a bus. I dream almost every night now, and write them all down. Sometimes I have no idea what they mean. There are dreams that I had years ago that I didn't understand at the time, but now suddenly they are making sense and coming together like pieces to a puzzle. It's quite amazing and I'm going to be sharing them as I continue blogging. 



    Every morning, if I have a dream I will write it down, and then circle all the key parts. Who was in it? What were they doing? Was it bright and sunny? Or dark out? My dreams are very detailed and I write down what people were wearing, any colors, numbers, where it took place, what people said. Everything means something. I highlight words and draw pictures.Then I refer to my book on Christian dream interpretation. (Beware of dream websites and books written by New Age people and Psychics. Many dream websites are run by psychics. The bible says clearly to have nothing to do with mediums, spiritists, or those who practice magical arts. That includes psychics.) 



     After I journal my dreams I spend a good two hours in the Word, spending time with God as he guides me and teaches me. Sometimes the meanings in the dream interpretation book are not necessarily the correct interpretation because the meaning is more personal. For instance, when I study my bible, I highlight my bible and each color means something. One time I had a dream of a bright green horse, and I realized he was highlighter green, so green didn't mean what the book said it meant, but it had to do with what green means when I highlight things. So if you begin to journal your dreams, listen to John Paul Jackson, get the book above by Gary Fishman, and begin learning to hear from God!



  Now let's talk about some specific dreams.  Let's begin with recurring dreams of Tsunamis. For years I had had dreams about an approaching tsunami. At first I would dream that I packed up my car, closed up the shutters on my house, essentially battening down the hatches, and got ready to leave suddenly, because I knew a storm was on it's way.



Then, I had several dreams where I was standing looking at people on the beach, knowing a tsunami was coming, and I wanted to tell them to get off the beach! 




In another, I looked out at the ocean knowing a storm would be coming, but lifeguards were back at the horizon line holding back the waves. (Lifeguards represent angels, so the angels were holding back the storm.) Then I was out in the ocean and a female lifeguard gave me a ride on her surfboard.  This dream was saying "It's not time yet", but it's coming, and I'm safe. 




Then I began to have dreams that I was staying at a shore house, and the storm waves were coming up to the house, and water was seeping in under the door. Again, I ran to pack everything up from inside the house, put it in the car, and we needed to leave immediately. With each of these dreams it seemed the water come closer each time. 



In another, I was on a cruise ship, and as I looked out into the distance I saw 9 tornado funnels drop into the ocean (called water spouts) and then a huge wave lifted up and began to move toward us. I ran and packed up. 




Then the dreams progressed. In a couple dreams I was in a house a couple blocks from the beach and a huge wave came and washed over the house, right over the roof. I prepared a shelter in a room in the basement afterward, and then when another wave came, we ran to the basement to be safe.



 A couple of months ago I had a dream that my husband and I went to Florida, and were inside a house with a lot of windows, (windows represent prophetic vision) and a huge wave came and lifted the house up like a house boat, and carried us out to sea. We turned the motor on and sailed toward shore, and rode past motels where a lot of senior citizens lived. Some had been washed away by the storm and others were coming out onto the balcony to look at the water. The town was flooded up to the second story of the motel. This was only a mild storm and in my dream I said to my husband "Can you imagine if this had been a tsunami?"



 In my most recent tsunami dream, I was standing on the shore with my son and a young woman. I saw the ocean suck back and I knew what was coming next. I yelled "run!" and we ran up a steep mountain. We got all the way up to the top and ran into a shed to hide. But the young woman looked back (a reference to Lot's wife when escaping from Sodom and Gommorah) and the wave, which was so big it reached up to the top of the mountain, knocked her down. 


   Matthew 24:15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

   So what's with all the tsunami dreams? Well, let's look at the progression. As you can see, the storm is getting closer and closer each time. In my dreams I see it coming, I get prepared ahead of time, and then I warn people. In my first blog I told you I am a "seer" and a "watchman". So it seems that I'm seeing a storm of epic proportions coming soon, and I need to warn people. But I was not quite sure what this tsunami was yet. So I began to google "Tsunami" and here are two videos that I found from prophetic people that stood out to me. I don't know who these people are, and I'm not saying they are correct. I'm just bringing you along on my journey of discovery. 

    First, Dr. Patricia Green prophecies that a tsunami will hit the east coast of America. She says she doesn't know what will cause it, but it will come while Obama is in the whitehouse. 




That video led me to this video, where a Pastor from Puerto Rico prophecies that a meteor will hit Puerto Rico causing a tsunami to hit Florida. (This is the short version. There are longer versions on YouTube)



But the interesting part is when he says "The government knows" and that they have set up FEMA camps on the island, and plastic graves for all the dead bodies. 



    I have a Christian friend who lives on the east coast of Florida. Around June 2015 she bought a new house. But in December  2015, only 6 months later, I noticed on Facebook that she was talking about moving again. I inboxed her privately and told her about these prophecies, and my dreams, and that I'm concerned for her safety. I asked why she was moving, and she said all she knows is that for the past nine months she has sensed VERY STRONGLY that she needs to move to the west coast. I said "That's God. You need to go."
      Now it's March 2016, and the presidential race has gone mad. Coincidentally, or maybe no so much, my friend works at Maralago Resort, owned by Donald Trump. She is quitting her job and moving to the west coast, but is not really sure why. She just knows she needs to go. Hmmmmmm.



So do I have your attention yet? I'm only warming up folks. Hold on to your hats, there is much more to come!